You can stop avoiding clothes that are dry clean only. Not all dry clean only clothing needs to be taken to the dry cleaners. Some cleaning issues can be taken care of at home. This is helpful to know, especially if you can't get to the dry cleaners, but you need to get your clothing clean. Here are some quick instructions for taking care of your dry clean only clothing.
If you have a wool sweater that you need to get clean, but you can't get to the cleaners, you can wash it by hand. You'll want to have some liquid laundry detergent that is for delicate fabrics.
- Place a folded towel on a flat surface.
- Fill your sink with cold water.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of liquid laundry detergent.
- Carefully place your sweater in the water.
- Using gentle motions, swish your sweater around in the water for a few minutes.
- Drain the water from the sink.
- Fill the sink with clean, cold water.
- Swish your sweater in the water to remove any suds.
- Carefully lift your sweater out of the water.
- Gently squeeze your sweater to remove some of the excess water.
- Place your sweater on the folded towel.
- Straighten out your sweater to remove wrinkles, and leave it to air dry.
Shirts With Perspiration Stains
Do you have a shirt that you need to wear but it has perspiration stains, and you can't get to the dry cleaners in time? A simple dose of hard liquor will take care of those sweat stains for you. You'll need about a cup of vodka, and a spray bottle.
- Pour the vodka into your spray bottle.
- Put your clothing on a hanger and hang it in a doorway or in the bathroom.
- Spray the vodka directly on the perspiration stains.
- Allow the vodka to dry.
- The stains and the odors will disappear as soon as the vodka dries.
Wrinkled Linen And Cotton Clothing
Do you know anyone who takes their clothing to the dry cleaners to get the wrinkles out of them? While irons can harm some fabrics, you can get wrinkles out of most clothing using a portable steamer. Simply hang your clothing on a clothing stand and apply a thin layer of steam. The wrinkles will disappear, and your clothing will look like you just picked it up at the cleaners. To avoid damaging your clothes, be sure to read the label to make sure the fabric can be steamed.
You don't have to take all of your clothing to the dry cleaner. These simple tips will help you take care of your clothes when you don't have time to go to the dry cleaners like Cove Cleaners.Share